Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Partner Intelligence Moves to Sunday!

Partner Intelligence has moved!

Not in the sense that you must change your address book, but you will need to update your calendar.

A week ago, I blogged that my presentation at Information Builders' Summit 2012 would take place on Monday. Well, change is in the air. My session has been moved to a new track, date, and time.

To see my presentation on Avoiding Big BI Blunders, you will need to be at Summit on Sunday, June 3rd, by 3:15PM Eastern.

I'm pleased in at least one sense since this agenda modification takes me out of a negative situation. Had I spoken on Monday, I would have competed for audience members against Mark Smith of Ventana Research.

It's great for you too, since you are now free on Monday 2:45PM to see Mark's presentation on the Top Ten Best Practices in Predictive Analytics and Big Data

Despite no longer going head-to-head with Mark, my Sunday slot is not perfect.

For one thing, my scheduled flight to Orlando doesn't even arrive in time. If most Summit guests are like me, they see Sunday as a travel day. In fact, I have a hunch that most consider their first mandatory event as being the 7PM Welcome Reception's free bar.

So to give you an added incentive to fit my presentation into your plans, I am prepared to offer you a significant bribe.

Free! Free! Free!

You may have already heard that Partner Intelligence will give away an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet to one lucky Summit guest. At my Sunday presentation, I will let you sneak in an additional entry for that drawing!

But wait, there's more!

If you attend my educational yet fun session, you can register to win one of three prizes that I will give away that same hour. At the beginning of the session, I will randomly draw one attendee's name and give that lucky person a $25 Amazon gift card (not just an ordinary card, either!).

Then, in the middle of the session I will break to draw another name for a second Amazon gift card, this time worth $50!

At the end while you are filling out your appraisal form as to how great the presentation was, I will give one lucky person a $100 Amazon gift card! It might be you!

You must be there to win!

I hope you are motivated enough by blatant self-promoting bribes to join me on Sunday, June 3rd, at 3:15PM, at the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee, FL. Not only will you learn about Agile BI Application Development Best Practices, but you will gain an unfair advantage over hundreds of other people to win an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet and perhaps even win big Amazon gift cards.

If you are less open to gratuitous enticements, perhaps you will attend just to learn how to improve your career by running successful BI application development projects. That works too.   

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am a project-based software consultant, specializing in automating transitions from legacy reporting applications into modern BI/Analytics to leverage Social, Cloud, Mobile, Big Data, Visualizations, and Predictive Analytics using Information Builders' WebFOCUS. Based on scores of successful engagements, I have assembled proven Best Practice methodologies, software tools, and templates.

I have been blessed to work with innovators from firms such as: Ford, FedEx, Procter & Gamble, Nationwide, The Wendy's Company, The Kroger Co., JPMorgan Chase, MasterCard, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Siemens, American Express, and others.

I was educated at Valparaiso University and the University of Cincinnati, where I graduated summa cum laude. In 1990, I joined Information Builders and for over a dozen years served in regional pre- and post-sales technical leadership roles. Also, for several years I led the US technical services teams within Cincom Systems' ERP software product group and the Midwest custom software services arm of Xerox.

Since 2007, I have provided enterprise BI services such as: strategic advice; architecture, design, and software application development of intelligence systems (interactive dashboards and mobile); data warehousing; and automated modernization of legacy reporting. My experience with BI products include WebFOCUS (vendor certified expert), R, SAP Business Objects (WebI, Crystal Reports), Tableau, and others.