Release 8.0.00 is a strategic release that includes significant new features and architectural enhancements across the product line. As such, release availability will be managed and Information Builders has augmented its customer support services to include a new process to help customers prepare for installation, configuration, and migration activities. If you are interested in upgrading to Release 8.0.00, please contact your local account team to start the process and obtain software download information. As we obtain feedback from the first adopters of Release 8.0.00, it is anticipated that new service packs will be provided approximately every six to eight weeks through 2012.
- Unified Architecture and new Managed Reporting Security Model
- WebFOCUS Reporting Server Core Technology and Adapters (e.g., Big Data support for Hyperstage)
- WebFOCUS Developer Studio enhanced and integrated with new architecture
- Business Intelligence Portal (replacement for the WebFOCUS BI Dashboard)
- InfoAssist integration with BI Portal and new architecture
- Mobile BI (HTML5 features for Apple iPad/iPhone and Android devices)
- Legacy User Interfaces replaced
- DataMigrator enhanced for Big Data loads and data cleansing
- Magnify for BI applications with search capabilities
- RStat predictive analytics templates for marketing
The tools are designed to migrate standard WebFOCUS environments. Migration efforts involving customizations and extensions applied to WebFOCUS 7.x environments will require engagement with Information Builders Worldwide Customer Support Services and Professional Services organizations.
If you want to learn more about WebFOCUS 8, be sure to come to the annual users group Summit in Orlando in June. See this article (and especially this one) for more information.